causes of environmental degradation
1. land disturbance: a more basic cause of environmental degradation is land damage. numerous weedy plant species, for example, garlic mustard, are both foreign and obtrusive. a rupture in the environmental surroundings provides for them a chance to start growing and spreading. these plants can assume control over nature, eliminating the local greenery. the result is territory with a solitary predominant plant which doesn’t give satisfactory food assets to all the environmental life. whole environments can be destroyed because of these invasive species.
2. pollution: pollution, in whatever form, whether it is air, water, land or noise is harmful for the environment. air pollution pollutes the air that we breathe which causes health issues. water pollution degrades the quality of water that we use for drinking purposes. land pollution results in degradation of earth’s surface as a result of human activities. noise pollution can cause irreparable damage to our ears when exposed to continuous large sounds like honking of vehicles on a busy road or machines producing large noise in a factory or a mill.
3. overpopulation: rapid population growth puts strain on natural resources which results in degradation of our environment. mortality rate has gone down due to better medical facilities which has resulted in increased lifespan. more population simple means more demand for food, clothes and shelter. you need more space to grow food and provide homes to millions of people. this results in deforestation which is another factor of environmental degradation.
4. landfills: landfills pollute the environment and destroy the beauty of the city. landfills come within the city due the large amount of waste that gets generated by households, industries, factories and hospitals. landfills pose a great risk to the health of the environment and the people who live there. landfills produce foul smell when burned and cause huge environmental degradation.
5. deforestation: deforestation is the cutting down of trees to make way for more homes and industries. rapid growth in population and urban sprawl are two of the major causes of deforestation. apart from that, use of forest land for agriculture, animal grazing, harvest for fuel wood and logging are some of the other causes of deforestation. deforestation contributes to global warming as decreased forest size puts carbon back into the environment.
6: natural causes: things like avalanches, quakes, tidal waves, storms, and wildfires can totally crush nearby animal and plant groups to the point where they can no longer survive in those areas. this can either come to fruition through physical demolition as the result of a specific disaster, or by the long term degradation of assets by the presentation of an obtrusive foreign species to the environment. the latter frequently happens after tidal waves, when reptiles and bugs are washed ashore.
effects of environmental degradation
1. impact on human health: human health might be at the receiving end as a result of the environmental degradation. areas exposed to toxic air pollutants can cause respiratory problems like pneumonia and asthma. millions of people are known to have died of due to indirect effects of air pollution.
2. loss of biodiversity: biodiversity is important for maintaining balance of the ecosystem in the form of combating pollution, restoring nutrients, protecting water sources and stabilizing climate. deforestation, global warming, overpopulation and pollution are few of the major causes for loss of biodiversity.
3. ozone layer depletion: ozone layer is responsible for protecting earth from harmful ultraviolet rays. the presence of chlorofluorocarbons, hydro chlorofluorocarbons in the atmosphere is causing the ozone layer to deplete. as it will deplete, it will emit harmful radiations back to the earth.
4. loss for tourism industry: the deterioration of environment can be a huge setback for tourism industry that rely on tourists for their daily livelihood. environmental damage in the form of loss of green cover, loss of biodiversity, huge landfills, increased air and water pollution can be a big turn off for most of the tourists.
5. economic impact: the huge cost that a country may have to borne due to environmental degradation can have big economic impact in terms of restoration of green cover, cleaning up of landfills and protection of endangered species. the economic impact can also be in terms of loss of tourism industry.
answer: ang alamat ng saging
explanation: sa isang malayong lugar ay my dalawang mag kasintahan na tunay na nag iibigan sila si aging at juana ngunit sa kabila nito ay tutol ang magulang ni juana na si mang juan, kayat lihim lamang siyang nakiki pag tagpo ky aging.
ngunit minsang nakipag tagpo siya ky aging ay nasundan siya ni mang juan kayat ng makita ni mang juan ay nag siklab siya sa galit, at bigla niyang binunot ang itak na nasa kanyang tagiliran at sinugod ni mang juan si aging at sa pagka bigla ay hindi agd na gawang umiwas ni aging kaya inabot ng itak ni mang juan ang braso ni aging at naputol.
sa sobrang takot ni aging ay napatakbo siya papalayo sa mag amang juana, at labis ang kalungkutan ni juana dahil sa mga pang yayari ngtunit ala na siyang magagawa dahil ala na si aging. kayat pinulot nalang niya ang naputol na braso ni aging at inilibing sa kanilang bakuran.
at sa paglipas ng mga araw ay wala parin si aging ni wala na siyang balita kung ano na ang nangyari ky aging, subalit sa pag labas ni mang juan sa kanilang bahay ay napansin niya ang isang uri ng halaman na noon lamang niya nakitya kayat dali daliniyang tinawag si juanana at itinanong kung uri ba ng halam iyon.
at laking gulat ni juana nang makita niya ang tinutukoy ng kanyang ama, dahil sa lugar mismo ng pinag libingan niya ng braso ni aging tumubo ang halaman.
at itoy kulay luntian, my mahahaba at malalapad na dahon, my bunga itong kulay dilaw na animo'y isang kamay na my daliri ng tao.
kayat naalala nanaman niya ang kanyang kasintahan, at nasambit niya ang pangalang aging. at sinabi niya na iyan si aging, kaya mula noon ay aging ang tinawag nila sa halamang iyon. at sa paglipas ng panahon ay nabago na ang aging at itoy naging